November 14, 2011

Smoked Salmon Pizza


If you've ever had the pleasure of visiting one of Wolfgang Puck's famous restaurants, you may have noticed a peculiar-sounding item on the menu - salmon pizza.

A couple of years ago, I had the salmon pizza at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in Disney. It was, by far, my favorite pizza ever. Tonight, I decided to attempt to create a lower-point version of this amazing creation.

I apologize in advance for how bad some of the photos are - I don't currently have the budget for a nice camera, but I'll get one as soon as I can!

Side note: the pizza crust I made for this recipe was really good! Feel free to use it for your traditional pizzas as well ;)

Smoked Salmon Pizza on a Garlic Onion Crust
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 slices
PointsPlus per serving: 5 PointsPlus

Ingredients

Crust
1 1/2 cups Bisquick HeartSmart Pancake and Biscuit Mix
1/3 cup hot water
1/3 cup minced onion
1/2 TBS minced garlic

Sauce
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 TBS reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 TBS fresh or dried dill (I used fresh)
1/8 tsp (or a pinch) lemon zest
1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice

Toppings
3 oz smoked salmon
1 TBS capers
3 TBS green onion

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees

In bowl, combine bisquick, water, garlic, and onion.

Mix and knead dough with your hands until it forms a ball.



Roll dough out with rolling pin as flat as you can on top of a pizza sheet that has been prepared with spray olive oil.


Bake rolled-out crust at 450 until golden brown (about 12-15 minutes)

Meanwhile, combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice in separate bowl.

Spread the sour cream mixture over the baked crust


Top  pizza with the smoked salmon, capers, and green onions.

Using a pizza cutter, slice into 8 wedges.

Enjoy!


P.S.,
Yes, I totally forgot to put green onions on the pizza before taking the picture.... but I did add the green onions before consuming it!

2 comments:

  1. wow. i would totally eat this. i need to work it in my plans for the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turns out it makes a great breakfast too ;)

    ReplyDelete