December 5, 2011

Super Cinnamon Snickerdoodles

This evening, I had planned to treat myself to some Edy's Half-Fat Peppermint Ice Cream. However, around 7:30PM, I suddenly got a craving for cookies. ANY cookies really... So, I went digging in my pantry and decided to try my hand at some snickerdoodles. 

Here's what I got!

Super-Cinnamon Snickerdoodles

Yields: 3 and a half dozen (3 dozen if you make them bigger)
Serving Size: 1 cookie
PointsPlus per serving: 2 P+

Ingredients

2 cups flour, sifted 
2 eggs
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine the 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
In a larger bowl, combine sifted flour, oil, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, remaining 3/4 cups sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla (right - that's everything!) :)

Mix well until dough forms.


Roll tablespoons of dough into balls.

Dip ball into cinnamon/sugar mixture.

Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or use a non-stick pan or spray pan with cooking spray).

Using a fork, press the cookie once across and once up and down as shown in the image (criss-cross).


Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.

Remove and let cool.

ENJOY!


2 comments: